I make sure that patient receives 360 degree support.
1. What’s the best part of your job?
To help patients emotionally and mentally in their journey of fertility treatment. Constantly, looking for ways to enhance the patient experience.
2. To you, what step is most critical to delivering excellent patient care?
Communication and easy access should be a top priority. A well-trained staff involves those who can communicate with respect and honour their emotions. Fertility treatment is an extremely sensitive business therefore utmost care should be taken at every step so that they don't trigger any stress or anxiety among patients.
3. From working in reproductive health, what’s something you’ve learned about navigating challenges?
Patients come from every walk of life, race, ethnicity and therefore each of them has a different mentality about looking at reproductive health condition. Some are more open or reserved so delivering personalised healthcare is a challenge. I have learned with experience how to navigate this challenge as an exciting opportunity to learn new everyday life.
4. What is the most important piece of advice, or tip, you can give to all people facing fertility struggles out there?
It is important to acknowledge the feeling you are having now and find out the best possible coping skills. This is the phase and coping skills that you will learn now are soon going to be your life skills.
5. Who are 3 inspirational figures to you in health and wellness and why?
Dr. Lara Briden
Dr. Hrishikesh Pai