Columbia Fertility Associates
Registered Nurse/IVF coordinator
"Struggling with infertility can take a toll on one's mental health. We refer patients to counselors and support groups for additional support during the process if necessary."
1.What’s the best part of your job?
I enjoy being able to assist in the process of helping a couple achieve their ultimate goal of a pregnancy
2. To you, what step is most critical to delivering excellent patient care?
Begin available to the patient every step of the way and providing information and support where needed.
3. What motivated you to join this field?
I enjoy helping individuals reach their goals and as a nurse, I am motivated to assist people who are in need.
4. From working in reproductive health, what’s something you’ve learned about navigating challenges?
Struggling with infertility can take a toll on one's mental health. We refer patients to counselors and support groups for additional support during the process if necessary. Doing this will improve the patients understanding of what they are going through and will assist in mental stability during the process of fertility treatment.
5. What is the most important piece of advice, or tip, you can give to all people facing fertility struggles out there?
They are not alone. Surprisingly, 1 in 8 couples have fertility struggles. It is important to learn that ultimately the goal is in reach.
6. Who are 3 inspirational figures to you in health and wellness and why?
The inspirational figures for me are the patients that underwent fertility treatment. Their patience and perseverance during this process is inspirational.