Balsam Al Hashimi
London Women’s Clinic
Infertility treatment is a journey of emotional, physical and financial stress. I always aim to support patients with all my knowledge, discussing their treatment options in to a personal level.
1. What’s the best part of your job?
Helping patient to achieve their goal to have successful pregnancy and healthy live birth
2. To you, what step is most critical to delivering excellent patient care?
Team work and dedication.
3. What motivated you to join this field?
Helping people to experience best moment in their life time.
4. From working in reproductive health, what’s something you’ve learned about navigating challenges?
Infertility treatment is a journey of emotional, physical and financial stress. I always aim to support patients with all my knowledge, discussing their treatment options in to a personal level. I work in a clinic that is located in cosmopolitan city, we look after patients from different backgrounds, ethnicity and religions. For me the science is not enough to help patients in their treatment journey, there are many variations between patients and individualized care is really needed.
5. What is the most important piece of advice, or tip, you can give to all people facing fertility struggles out there?
Never give up in your infertility treatment. The moment that you will hold your child will make you forget all the burdens that you have been through. The science and technology has been improved a lot over last few years, giving the alternative options in treatment that we were not able to offer in the past.
6. Who are 3 inspirational figures to you in health and wellness and why?
My father, he was a scientist as well. He used to explain the rational behind the healthy life style that we should follow. Since I was child I used to discuss things with him and he was always their to explain into my understanding level at that time.